Varieties of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to saving and/or sharing certain web content on a web server managed by a website hosting distributor. There are different varieties of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a peek at them. Thus, you can pick what you want, depending on whether you'd like to establish a blog, e-mail aliases, or to share files with pals and associates.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by certain web hosts, which allows you to share immense files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage packages frequently include ads by the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a certain spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchandisers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate explanation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would apportion the load between separate stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various webspace hosting services (email, data storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is merely a type of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; certain suppliers offer a hosting solution for pictures only. This hosting variant is suitable if you wish to share a vast quantity of images with friends or colleagues since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your mails. Some firms provide hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting solution. If you wish to open an e-mail address with your domain name but do not desire to run a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up email accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a given video, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of availing of this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred website visitors, you may have a problem with your webspace hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many videos as you want without hassling about system resources.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to possess a web site. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can create databases and e-mailbox accounts, upload video files, etc. At Cheap Web Space, for instance, you can take a glance at web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that allow you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one location. There may be limitations depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've opted for - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the common e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are planned for particular web content solely.